Tuesday 7 February 2012

Xhosa

     Today was my first Xhosa class!!  Professor Pumlani is really really good.  We learned most of the greetings and stuff today and we sang a song.  He said Thursday he is going to give us our books which will apparently make the singing easier.  I guess we will be singing a lot in this class.  When we introduced ourselves (in xhosa) he said I had a really beautiful name and asked if I knew why.  I, of course, had absolutely no idea.  He said that here is some kind of alcoholic beverage called Savannah that he orders when he goes out to eat.  He also said he wouldn't forget my name because of it!  Tyler didn't have class today, so he got to sleep in for awhile longer than me.  Normally my class goes from 9 to 10:30, but he said on Tuesdays that it will only go till' 10 because he has to teach another class.  After class I went home and took a nap (I am still slightly recovering from the Super Bowl) and Tyler went to downtown to look around.  He said that further downtown there is an awesome market which I am very excited to visit! 
Other than that we had a pretty boring day.  The only other thing I really did was read another book.  I have been able to read The Time Machine and now just read The Guardian and they were both awesome.  We don't have any classes tomorrow so we will probably just do laundry and maybe go back downtown.  We will once again have a sleepless night tomorrow because of the Carolina v Duke game, which we HAVE to watch.  That's about it.

P.S.  Here are the pictures Tyler took at the Rugby game.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you could have taken more credits!!! I know, you expect that kind of comment from me. Love your updates and you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete