Thursday 9 February 2012

Tyler is contributing!

     So after the game (will not talk about it) we went back to sleep and then I got back up at 8:15 to go to Xhosa.  We had to write a basic paragraph about ourselves today.  This is it!

     Ndingu Savannah.  Ndihlala e Stellenbosch e Merriman st.  Ndihlala no Tyler.  Ndivela e USA e North Carolina.  Ndiyafunda ieducation.  Unyeni wam nguTyler.  Abazali bam nguCurtis noKim.  Oobhuti bam nguAndrew noGarrett.  Oosisi bam nguAmber noMelissa, noJulia.  Inja yam nguDiesel.

     It means my name is Savannah.  I live on Merriman st in Stellenbosch.  I live with Tyler.  I am from North Carolina in the USA.  I am studying Education.  My husband's name is Tyler.  My parents' names are Curtis and Kim.  My brothers' are Andrew and Garrett.  My sisters' are Amber, Melissa, and Julia.  My dog's name is Diesel.  After class I met up with my group from our Monday and Friday classes just to get to know each other better.  As I was getting home, Tyler was leaving for his class.  Maybe I can talk him into writing about it even though he said it was "just boring". 
     My class was in a movie theatre and it was Financial Management. It reminded me of my Managerial Accounting but I feel that it won't use as much math which is a good thing. My last exam is going to be on May 17th so that means from May 18th until June 12th I will have a lot of free time. Looks like some trips are in order as long as Savannah's final exam doesn't get in the way.
     Success!!  My professor still doesn't know when our last exam will be, but I have a feeling it won't be much later than Tyler's.  We both had really strong air conditioning in our classrooms!!  The heat wave has pretty much ended for now and the weather is just beautiful.  It actually gets pretty cold at night.  I was sitting out on the porch and had to put on pants and a jacket which was really nice.  To add on to the good news, we are able to watch Big Band Theory and Two and a Half Men tonight!!!  The only thing that kinda stinks is that chocolate here doesn't taste the same.  Tyler managed to find kit kats and oreos (we haven't been able to find recees) but the chocolate tasted very different.  I am starting to miss American food even though this food here is equally as good.  Sadly, we didn't really do anything else.  We will go to the cool downtown on Saturday, so I will be able to post more pictures then.

3 comments:

  1. Savannah - sure glad you decided to put on pants when you went outside! :-) can't wait to skype and hear you say what you typed....not sure I liked the noKim part :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! I meant to say long pants! Goodness gracious, get your mind out the gutter!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. No gutter involved....just admiring your writing :-)

    ReplyDelete