Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day.

     Happy Valentine's Day to everyone who reads this!  I woke up early this morning and actually did my hair and make up!!  I know, it's a miracle.  I was surprised at what happened because of it.  I actually got whistled at by some guys in a truck.  I guess men are men no matter what country you are in.  Xhosa was really awesome today.  We translated a whole page from Xhosa to English.  The Professor told us that our last day of class will be May 17th (Mom, I already emailed Grandma and Grandpa) which leaves a ton of time for adventures after the semester.  When I got home from class guess what Tyler had gotten me??


Tyler said that he couldn't find sunflowers (my favorite flower), so he got some that had similar colors.  How creative is he?



Yes, I know it is a goofy pose, but I was in a goofy mood.  This is proof to my family (mainly Mom and Julia) that there are very rare occasions that I do my hair here.


     He is so awesome.  We both had group meetings with our LSCE groups in order to put out Activities Proposals (collection of lesson plans for the remainder of the semester) together.  I finally got to bake!  Tyler's group met at our apartment, so I made brownie cookies and rice crispies which were pretty much gone when I got back from my meeting, so I guess they were ok.  Its difficult to bake in the toaster oven because things bake unevenly.  The bottom of the cookies cooked WAY faster than the tops even when I put the cookies on the top rack. 
     For dinner, I made pasta with breaded chicken, peas, and garlic bread.  I didn't make anything from scratch though so don't be impressed.  We got the girl next door to take a picture of our first Valentines Day.  =] (Yes, I know that sounds kinda cheesy, but I couldn't help myself)


Sorry the color quality is weird, but the green screen behind us makes it look super blue.

     We are just going to stay home for the rest of the night, so there isn't really anything more to tell.  Tomorrow we really are going to the cool downtown Stellenbosch.  I am really looking forward to seeing their market.  Well, that's about it for now.  Hamba kakuhle! (Goodbye)

1 comment: