Thursday 23 February 2012

Nomfundo!

     Nomfundo is my name!!  Haha, Nomfundo is the Xhosa name that my Professor gave me.  The root word for it is Education.  After Xhosa I met with my group and discussed what we needed to do for Monday.  Tyler did the same thing in reverse.  He met with his group first, then went to class while I did the laundry.  The women in the laundry place speak Xhosa!!  they are really sweet.  The lady who owns the place was there again and I showed her some pictures of back home and of family and such.  The other women came and huddled around because they wanted to see it as well.  They seemed to think all of America are cities, so they really liked the NC pictures (thanks Daddy!).  We finished laundry and went home on our SCOOTER and are now working on a project for LSCE (the course that works with the primary school).  Tyler is going to write a little about his class.  "I have discovered that this class is going to be quite a bit of work. I am going to have to remember a lot of different formulas and know when to use them in each situation. Other than that it should be fine. Now I have to finish my organizational profile for my LSCE class."  He is actually right now drinking this terrible drink that Grant told us about.  He said that his mother boiled water and then put a bunch of lemon juice in it and lost a ton of weight.  He just made some and it is SO GROSS.  Well, that's about it.  Hamba kakuhle.

No comments:

Post a Comment