Tuesday 27 March 2012

Xhosa and Sandboarding

     Today there were only like five or six people in Xhosa which was nice, but I felt bad for the Professor.  I will list what we did.

-Uphi uSara= Where is Sarah?
-Nanku uSarah= There is Sarah
-Andimazi= I don't know him/her.
-Iphi icellphone?= Where is the cellphone?
-Nantsi icellphone?= There is the cellphone.
-Uya phi ngeEaster weekend? or Uya phi ngempela-veki yePasika?= Where are you going Easter weekend?
-Mna dia eCape Town.= I am going to Cape Town.
-Andiyi ndavo.= going nowhere.
-Uziva njani?= You feel how?
-Ndilusizi= I am sad.
-Kutheni ulusizi?= Why sad?
-Ndilusizi kuba ikati yam ifile.= I'm sad because my cat is dead.
-Ndinomsindo=I have anger.
-Ndikhathanzekile= I am worried.
-Buhlungu= sore on the inside/heartache
-Intloko yam ibuhlungu.= My head hurts. (Headache)
-Ndidanile nguwe= I am disappointed by you.
-Ndityhafile= I am feeling sluggish. (emotionally drained)
-Unomono= You have jealous.
-Unekhwele=I am envious of you (good kind/compliment.).
    
     Sandboarding is so cool!  So I will show a bunch of pictures and just explain it a little bit.  First of all, I was awesome at it and only fell like 2 or 3 times.  Tyler on the other hand felt the need to test how soft the sand was on a regular basis. =] (Don't worry, it was so soft I wanted to take a nap in it.)  I am just going to end with the pictures.  After sandboarding we went to grab some food and then went home.  We have been relaxing because we are both pretty tired.  3 and a half hours of sandboarding is pretty tiring.  Hamba Kakuhle.
So when we got there one of the girls gave Tyler and I a pair of glasses.  Mine reminded me of Grandpa Snow!
The group.
At the top of the dune.
Tyler, Me, Jonatan, Terese, and Pernilla.
First try.
I don't know which try this was for me...either first or second.
Yay Tyler!
Oook, I fell a few times.  It wasn't  this one, but another fall I got a wedgie so hard that it tore my underwear.  The sand isn't hard at all, but when you get to be going pretty fast and fall everything pulls up.
Jumping off the dune.
Tyler's turn!
Top of the dune.
We decided to all go down at once...I actually fell a few seconds after this picture was taken.
The sky was obviously so blue and so perfect!
<3
Worst part of the whole thing: walking up the freakin dune.  It was huge and it felt like you would take 5 steps forward and fall 3 steps back.
This was right before a fall.  Normally we fell because we started to try and look where we were going and either fell backwards or face-planted.
The group preparing for a backwards roll.
The sand on the other side of the dune was insanely soft.  When we stepped on it the sand literally covered up to our knees.
Chillin at the top.
This is where things went wrong for Savannah.  We decided that it would be a good idea to go down at the same time while sitting on the board.  The issue was Jonatan's side went a lot faster than Tyler's side and we fell and Tyler rolled over top of me and somehow in this mess I did something to my ankle.  It was a good moment.
For some reason, I did it again.
We were successful this time.
Sorry the pictures are out of order.  This is a picture of that soft side I was telling you about.  We had to help her up because it was so soft she was struggling.
Jonatan is freakin crazy and went down on his belly.
One of Tyler's epic falls.
None of us are looking happy or in the camera's direction because the wind was blowing so hard.  It literally hurt when the wind blew because the sad was thrown against our skin.  It felt like little needles.
I decided not to go after the ankle incident.  That is, after we did it the second time and were successful.
Sorry, out of order.  Tyler took a picture of my scalp when we got home and you can see all the sand I wasn't able to brush off.  There was literally sand in every opening of our bodies as well as all over our bodies.
I am wanting to say this was one of Tyler's last rides.  He finally got the hang of it! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment