Monday 12 March 2012

Oops, forgot 2 things.

This is the first Happy Birthday Video for Tyler.  I will try to upload the other one as soon as I can.  The other thing I forgot was what happened at interval today.  I grabbed my scone and went out to talk to the kids like I usually do and I found this girl at my classroom bawling her eyes out and covering her face (I assumed it was because she didn't want people to see she was crying).  I went over and asked the kids around her if I could talk to her in private.  I asked her what happened and she didn't respond which I understand because she didn't know me.  I asked her her name and how old she was and I couldn't hear her name, but she was in the 3rd grade.  She kept covering her face even when she answered, so I asked if she could put her hand down for a second.  Her eye was swollen past her eye lashes.  I was shocked.  My first thought was that the cricket ball nailed her, but when I asked if that happened she said no.  Apparently a boy punched her in the eye.  I ran to get her ice and the Principal saw me and asked to talk to her.  Apparently it's some kid who lives on her street who is as close as family.  I felt so bad for her.  She didn't want to open her eye, but I got her to do it just to check and see if she had those red marks in her eye.  It was crazy.

1 comment: