Wednesday 28 March 2012

Professor Perril and International Food Day.

     There is an Art History professor in Stellenbosch for a few days and she asked to meet with us.  We met Professor Perril at Mugg and Bean around 11:30 for an early lunch/late breakfast.  She just wanted to talk to us about our experiences in Stellenbosch because she is going to talk to the future exchange students about what to expect when they get here.  She had just come from Durbin and has been in South Africa since March.  It was a lot of fun to talk to her.  I didn't fall asleep until 5:30ish last night because I had/have a stuffy nose, so when I got home I fell back asleep.  Tyler has been at the library all day today.  I saw him when I went to sleep, when he came home around 5:45pm to eat, and then around 7 when the International Food Day started.
     International food day was so cool!  There were about 15 tables of different countries from the international students.  The countries we "visited" were Mexico, China, Zambia, Namibia, Ghana, and the UK.  The food was really good!  I really should have brought my camera to take pictures of the food, but I didn't even think about it.  The room was PACKED!!  The Mexico stand even had tequila shots.  Tyler has a big test tomorrow, but other than that we don't have anything planned.  Friday I have a group meeting and we are going to dinner with Vanessa and Jonas.  We are pretty excited =].  That's all.  Hamba Kakuhle.

No comments:

Post a Comment