Wednesday 11 April 2012

Spring Break

     Sorry I haven't posted recently, but I think I will cover everything in here.  We didn't do a whole lot the first part of Spring Break, but the second part we went to Cape Town.  I got sick before we left and then got Tyler sick which was really nice of me.  The day before we left I got sick again and had to go to the doctor and get some meds, but I am feeling a bit better now. 
     Cape Town was pretty cool.  Unfortunately it was too foggy to go up on Table Mountain the first day we were here and the second day it rained forever.  I took a few pictures. 
Tyler on the train...still a little sick
This is the train....same train we take the Lynedoch.
Ooook, we went to Green Market Square to get a bunch of awesome stuff.  One of the spaces we went to had this really awesome guy who pulled out these seats for us and brought us the stuff he wanted us to drive.  I was sitting on the little chair for awhile and then he turned to Tyler and goes, "You get the Chief chair".  He went and got that big chair for Tyler which made me giggle.  The chairs were pretty awesome, but we didn't buy them.
I didn't take a picture of the stuff we got at the market, but I did get this for Diesel at the Mall!!!  It says I  <3 Cape Town.
     We picked the wrong weekend to go to Cape Town because everything was closed due to the holiday.  We went out to find a cafe or some place to eat around 7:30 and the only place we could really find open was KFC.  When we got home it kept raining and raining and raining.  I swear it didn't stop raining for a few days.  Once it starts raining here, it rains hard and for a long time.  I didn't have Xhosa class on Tuesday because my professor didn't show up.  Other than that nothing really has gone on.  Hopefully my professor shows up tomorrow and I will be able to post more fun words. =]  Hamba Kakuhle.

No comments:

Post a Comment