Wednesday 18 April 2012

Ndidlamkile

     If you read/if you remember from yesterday's post you know what the title means!  For those who are like me and struggle to remember anything that has to do with language, this means I am energized.  I can't remember if I posted this earlier, but I got really sick over spring break and had my first (and hopefully last) experience with a South African doctor.  I have been exhausted recently and have been sleeping entirely too much (one day I slept 16 hours).  The reason I am mentioning this is because today is probably the first day that I feel that all my energy is back which means I cooked today!  I even made a dessert I found on pinterest. =]
Ooook, so this is what I did.  I carved out the center of the apples (a little bit difficult not to break the apples) and mixed the center up with some cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar (as I would normally for making an apple pie) and then refilled the apples.  Then I just popped them in the oven.
First two.
Second two.  These were really good.  I just wish I had added a little bit more of the sugars.  The bottom got so mushy it was almost like eating really fresh applesauce.
Nom Nom Nom.
There isn't really anything special about the pasta except the mushrooms that I sauteed.  I did make the croutons though!
     Other than eating today has been boring.  I am just waiting for the voice to come on as is Tyler so he can watch a dude movie that he knows I wouldn't want to watch.  We may play some gin, but other than that it's just a boring night.  Hamba Kakuhle.



No comments:

Post a Comment