Wednesday 9 May 2012

Giraffe House!

     We went to the Giraffe House today and it was SO COOL.  I will post pictures and just explain it, so y'all don't have to read a lot of writing.
There were so many goats there...Andrew would have been in heaven.
These animals were vicious about the food.
Tyler trying to give the smaller ones some pellets.  The big one with the horns actually starting ramming the fence at one point when we were feeding the smaller ones instead of him.
I couldn't talk Tyler into feeding the animals with his bare hands, so there isn't one of him doing that...sorry!
SO COOL!!!  There was a reptile show which is where all the pictures where we are holding animals comes from.  Before it started, this little boy (probably about 4) just pulled his pants down and started peeing in public!  This was funny enough by itself, but his sister decided it was ok to walk through his pee, so he technically peed on his sister.  We were laughing SO HARD!
Couldn't talk Tyler into this one either.
He did get to hold the snake though! 
This is like the South Africa version of a tarantula (sorry if that's spelled wrong)
The guy asked, "What will your mates at home think about this."  Tyler answers, "They will believe it."  This guy was trying to find something that would make me uncomfortable, so he thought putting the spider on my face would do it.  Nope =]
Tyler decided that the face thing wasn't for him, so he just held it.
Baby tortoise!  This guy was so cute.
So the guy walked behind Tyler and just threw this snake around his neck.
He ended up finding something that made me uncomfortable.  These are hissing cockroaches...I didn't like this so much.  He put 4 in my hand and I was like ehhh, we don't need to play with these.
The Giraffe wasn't super excited about the food because she had already eaten, but she nibbled a bit.
Tyler's turn.
Ok, a giraffe's head is SO much bigger than I thought it was going to be.
This guy was pretty aggressive too.
The Zebra was really pretty, but we weren't able to reach with the food.
We just threw a bunch of it in for him/her.
These monkeys were so funny.  I am going to post the videos in another post.
This is the highway we were driving on.  Really pretty, but there were some scary moments.
     So this was a lot of fun and I have already added it to my photobook which is awesome.  I am about to go to a group meeting, but nothing special.  I will try to get the videos up on the next post.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say I think you are very brave...and a little bit nuts?! You wouldn't catch me within a mile of those creatures. Looks like you had fun!
    PS Did I ever tell you about the time that Steven wrestled a couple of lion cubs in South Africa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have always not been bothered by spiders or snakes. I'm not saying that I go up and play with every spider and snake I see, but I don't mind having creatures like this on me...except the cockroaches...didn't like those. That is so cool!! I bet they were adorable =]

    ReplyDelete